It's summertime. Knitting projects (and the new Harry Potter) take up the after dark parts of the evenings, if I have enough energy left after the long days. It is still early enough in the season to be light by 5:30am. Cats want to go out and explore, I love seeing the day come in. The coffee pot is set to brew for 6:00. That way I can laze in bed, listening to the creatures around the pond while gazing out the window at the changing light, and wait for the smell of fresh hot coffee to tell me (all of us) that it is time to open the door and greet the day. What it means is that progress on the MS3 and Monkey socks has slowed. I'm good with that. It is choice. High summer is force.
As my usual sock alterations go, changing the patterning down the top of the foot is the one that I take the most time considering. I want smooth and I need a nice transition. For the Monkeys. I tried a couple ways. If I were to do them again, I might change again. The first thought was to continue the center pattern down to a point. It looked good while I knitted it. When I tried it on my foot, it was too contrived, something didn't work for me.
I eliminated the side patterns and did one more repeat of the center pattern, then just switched into the stockinette. Nothing fancy, probably the most obvious. It works for me. If I were to knit these again, I might carry the two lines of yo's down the foot. I could drop the stitches back and work my way up again to check it out, but that takes up knitting time. They are socks after all, and this part will be in my shoe. Enough Monkey'in around.
A note for all of you who asked to be put on an email list for the sock yarns. I think I've answered all of you. The yarn is done, most of you have replied and it has been mailed out. I've got a couple more colors to put up, probably a bit later today.