If I'd knitted this pattern as written, knitting the front first, I might have frogged it and gone on to another project. I didn't. The back is done and I've completed the first repeat of the front cable. When I got to the one stitich shift (written to happen on the wrongside), I was sure that it was a mistake. I went ahead and tried it out. When I saw the shift in the next right side row, I was sure it was a mistake. I searched for errata. The pattern, Paton's Celtic Cable Vest has been around for a long time. Nothing was written. No one complained on Ravelry. I must be wrong. I tinked back, twice more. It is written to make an odd number of stitiches appear in the middle of the cable area for a seed stitich pattern. Here:
I'm at an impasse. I can skip the shift and use a reverse stockinette stitich instead of the seed stitch, or I can learn to ignore it. There is one more little thing......
The bobbles. I've never made bobbles that keep inverting themselves to show on the back side. These do.
The thrill is gone.