Raglanify is in the home stretch. I'm already working on the second sleeve. After that, there is the neck, a very few ends to be dealt with and blocking. Despite the weather and knowing that if these warm days continue, I may not wear it until next fall; I am already planning for another.
Last week I began pulling various fibers, dyed and otherwise, out of my stash. The one last color that I wanted, I was lucky to find at the Wayland Market. It isn't a very soft wool, but I wasn't planning on using a lot of it. It works well with all of the other very soft fibers that will be carded with it.
I love blending colors and fibers. My carder does a great job if I keep each batch at about 1.75 oz. That meant a bit of math to keep the color of my sample. Everything had to be weighed and each batch bagged for carding.
I'm not sure what breed the natural is in the top left corner. It is very soft and the color I was looking for. When I checked the tag that was in the bag, it only gave me a weight and the animal's name. Oh well. Pure wool. Then there was a bag of various fibers, floor sweepings, sort of. I know that there is a very, very little bit of silk and some alpaca and probably something else. The darker burgundy red is a Border Leicester.
I've got another 9 or so ounces to card and a lovely big bag of these.